Tuesday, February 1

Introducing Darcy Sharpe







ENVE's newest sponsored rider is Darcy Sharpe. Hailing from Comox, the 14-year old prodigy currently lives here in Whistler and shreds daily. He is attending the Burton Canadian Open as we speak! Here's a few questions we hit him with last week:

ENVƎ - First off who are you? where you from? and what do you do?

D.S. - Hey, my name is Darcy Sharp and I'm from Comox, BC. I snowboard.

ENVƎ - How old are you again bud?

D.S - 14 haha.

ENVƎ - Wow you're just a boy! What are some of your previous accomplishments?

D.S - Well I got 1st overall in the series of BC Provincial Slopestyle and 21st at Nationals. Plenty of Mt. Washington comps plus a few more.

ENVƎ - 3 reasons why you now snowboard and not ski?

D.S - 1. They look stupid 2. Rails are way more fun 3. Because I like a challenge

ENVƎ - Any big plans for this year?

D.S - Double corks, and going to the Canadian Open is pretty exciting.

ENVƎ - You must be stoked for the Canadian Open in Calgary... tell me more about it.

D.S - They're accepting 100 riders, and I'm just gonna go send it.
I'm riding Slopestyle and got accepted in Halfpipe so I'm going to go mess around in there. First place gets 50G's and I'm flying out Sunday.

ENVƎ -  Who is your favorite rider and why?

D.S - Torstein Horgmo because he can stomp everything so clean, and he's funny too.

ENVƎ - If you didnt snowboard what would you do?

D.S - Shoot myself, haha uhm, well I wouldn't skateboard, wouldn't longboard, wouldn't scooter... so I would bike or wakeboard or else GTL and go on one of those reality shows.

ENVƎ - If you could go anywhere in the world to ride where would it be and why?

D.S - Probably Tahoe because they have a bunch of sick resorts and a huge variety of energy drinks.

ENVƎ - And your sponsors?

D.S - Burton. ENVE. Electric. R.E.D. Flav

ENVƎ - Describe yourself in 5 words.

D.S - Weird, Energetic, Dedicated, Crazy and Regular.

ENVƎ - Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

D.S - I see myself standing at the start gate of the X-Games Big Air just waiting for the comp to start.

ENVƎ - What kind of girls do you like... you do like girls right?

D.S - Yeah! Canadian girls because American girls annoy me, and I also don't like girls that snowboard.

ENVƎ - Anyone you would you like to thank?

D.S - I would like to thank my family, sponsors, and my coach.

ENVƎ - Do you prefer Slight of Hand, Warlord, or Steady Aim on COD Black Ops online?

D.S - Zombies!

ENVƎ - Would you rather be lip sliding down a rail or nose pressing up a box?

D.S - Lipslide a rail. but not what you guys are thinking haha.

ENVƎ - Any final words?

D.S - ENVƎ is a gangsta company and go to one of their parties!

ENVƎ - Thanks for coming out Darcy. Best of luck at the Canadian Open. SEND IT!


Daywalker in the park from Whistler Valley Snowboard Club on Vimeo.