Thursday, December 9

Producer Profile: Lonestar


Lonestar is a dubstep producer from Birmingham, UK, who ENVƎ has been following for the past few months. We gave him a shout and a few questions, and here's what he hit us with (Kenji Clan is his latest track): 



Main Influences?
"My influences have always kind of changed as dubstep's progressed along with my own skills. Biggest influence for me I think would probably be 16bit as those boys encouraged me from day one to start the whole "dirty/glitchy" sound space thing. But also just generally people like Funtcase who I've been quite tight with since before dubstep was around, when he was DJ Dose and I was [formerly] Koga Ninja! Anyone thats doing their thing loud and well is a true inspiration."


How did you get into producing electronic music?
"A few reasons, first being that I didn't do well in school, only getting GCSE's for Music and IT. So I thought, what better than to make music on computers?! I'd always been a musician, learned to play the guitar/bass & drums when I worked my way through school. After school I continued to play, and not knowing what to do, a friend and I joined a college course called "Sound Technician". From then on it sparked our interest in a major way and helped us to meet a lot of safe people via events and broadcasts who really showed us how to get down and dirty using programs!"


Future goals?
"Rule the world of course :) haha, like anyone in this game my future goals are to eventually become a house hold name!"


Upcoming tours?
Anyone who is watching the Lonestar space will have a gut churning wait till the start of 2011! January kicks off with a gig in Japan, then March/April/June time, Belgium, Chronos Takeovers, Dubstepic, Tension Step, and then over to Canada for a tour in the summer time. Once that is done, down to the USA with some of my boys to do a next tour there!, so very busy 2011 for gigs. 


New tracks?
"The forthcoming Chronos Obey EP features my new track "Amplify"

Final words:
"If you want to get info about specific dates, then check my Facebook or Soundcloud pages :) All updates are there the second I know anything about it"