Wednesday, March 30

Big Blocks - Techtonics EP



You may have heard Rainman's version of DJ Big Blocks latest track "Techtonics", if so you have to agree the song is off the hook. The original Techtonics is just as awesome. This Tech House hit is just my style, check it out below.  Along with the release of original came the Techtonics EP with Remixes by Rainman, Blue Neptune, HugsNotDrugs, Bass Machines and Ainsworth. These Dj's put some pretty awesome spins on the track.

ENVE recently got ahold of the Toronto based DJ to ask him some questions about the new ep and plans for the future.


So I gotta say I am really loving the new EP, but a lot of people out here on the west aren't to familiar with you. You wanna give the ENVE fans a little intro? Name, Age, How long you been DJing, Favorite beer?


Totally. Though my fans and groupies know me as Big Blocks, I'm better known as Adam McCluskey to my close friends and fam. I'm 19 and have been producing for a couple years and spinning for about half that time. As for my favourite drink, I've gotta say I've grown pretty close to the Steam Whistle brew; though the old Pabst is alright once in a while. 


Where did the idea come from for this EP? Any influences or inspirations?


I move around a lot from genre to genre. Unlike many artists that stick or specialize in one, I produce whatever I'm in the mood for or whatever I'm feeling at the time. Recently I've been into a lot of progressive house and bass-heavy electro. I've been listening to the likes of Avicii and Fedde Le Grande, and also stuff from the other side of the spectrum like Clockwork and Harvard Bass. I guess these are examples of where I draw influence


You had a lot of awesome DJ's remix your track, it must have been awesome having so much support. 


The support is great. It's sick to collaborate with other dope artists and listen to their take on a track you've done. One of the artists featured on my upcoming EP is Rainmain - this cat from Ottawa who's really starting to blow up and gain a lot of respect in Canada. His next EP, Complications, is set to be released on Toronto label, Jexonex, which I am going to be featured on, so look out for that!


I noticed on your soundcloud you have a variety of music. Would you say there is a genre you gravitate to a bit more?


I think you can almost find a bit of everything on my Soundcloud. From house to dubstep, its all there (or at least was at one point) so its tough to say whether or not I really gravitate to one or the other. If I had to say, recently I've been having a bit of a thing with tech house. 


Got any new bangerz hiding away in the vault?


I'm the type of dude that usually likes to keep everything out in the open, so if you want to hear a real banger, especially for all the dubheads out there, check out my 'Technologic' remix by Daft Punk (but make sure you've got enough watts of bass) (Track included below!)


Well thanks for answering a few questions man, will we be seeing you on the west coast any time soon?


Waiting on you guys!!




BONUS











No comments:

Post a Comment